Napo's strategy for growth - a question for Napo

Discussion forum for Napo related topics

Napo's strategy for growth - a question for Napo

Postby tabbycat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:33 pm

NQ7 ("Napo Quarterly", current edition) on page 13 speaks to this new strategy. I now quote from the page-long article:

"..Napo needs to review everything to make sure we are as effective and efficient as possible. The strategy starts with recognising that Napo can, and must, do better and work differently....testing the proposed changes against "tests" based upon our aims and values - namely, involving as many members as possible....tested against Napo's behaviours and values, consistently captured as Positive, Relevant, Inclusive, Demanding and Ethical (PRIDE)....invest in improved ICT to better support direct member engagement....increased engagement with members....No one in Napo thinks we have all the answers but it is our duty to have all the questions and that starts with testing ourselves too do the best we can for our members".

Okay, so why does Napo neglect this Forum so? I've suggested reforms to it (q.v.), signposted how a comparator has made theirs fit for purpose for the 21st century, suggested automatic inclusion for Napo's membership (the Forum's membership is a derisory 247) rather than an opt-in,.... And, in return, a zero response from Napo. You ask for the questions so that you can formulate proposal responses. I've been asking this question for ages and not even had an acknowledgement in return, let alone a "Thank you" or response of any kind.

Now that you have set this agenda for growth, can we now see Napo grasp this neglected nettle?

RSVP.
tabbycat

Re: Napo's strategy for growth - a question for Napo

Postby Tolkny » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:59 am

Don't hold your breath.
Andrew S Hatton
Tolkny

Postby tabbycat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 pm

One month after my initial post and it looks as if you're right, Andrew.

The "Napo Strategy for Growth" is an "emergent four year project" with "25 specific change proposals" (quote).

It looks as if an upgrade and improvements to this Forum's design (maybe taking account of my suggestions) is not included in that. Perhaps it's only proposal number 99 in a 100 year project?

This failure to engage now seals my decision to leave Napo in the next few weeks. After some 35 years' membership - many as A Branch Officer and Union Individual Rep - I shan't be renewing my membership. Maybe another couple of posts and I'm for the door marked "Exit" and - sad to say - I've seen no evidence even that I've been listened-to. Does anyone look at this Forum? Hello,.....Hello...? Just an echo!
tabbycat

Postby Tolkny » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:09 am

Yes I am looking.
Andrew S Hatton
Tolkny

Return to Napo