Two questions for our general secretary Ian Lawrence

Discussion forum for Napo related topics

Two questions for our general secretary Ian Lawrence

Postby Gubba Gubba » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:45 pm

1 Why is this forum being censored and free speech suppressed?

2 What efforts are you making on behalf of your members to reclaim the £135,000 shamefully paid to a now-proven sexual predator?

If I don't receive satisfactory answers to both of these questions from you Ian (not from one of your underlings) either on this forum or via your GS blog on the main website then I will be cancelling my NAPO membership forthwith. I'll also be encouraging all of my colleagues to do so too.
Gubba Gubba

Re: Two questions for our general secretary Ian Lawrence

Postby tabbycat » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Can members take it that you didn't get a reply? See my other post on the £135,000 topic. Many many of us are feeling let down. "No comment" before owing to ET restrictions (asked for by Napo) and now silence - probably because of a Compromise Agreement and legal advice. It's more than News Management. It's Cover-Up. Sadly, Integrity seems to have made a long and lonely death. This matters to the many of us who have tried to practise it in Napo for as long as we can remember.
tabbycat

Postby Shirley Valentine » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Am wondering what the agenda is for the closed session at the Special AGM next week? Ideas anyone? Perhaps an answer to some of the hitherto unanswered questions being raised here? :lol:
Shirley Valentine

Postby tabbycat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Even if you are correct, Shirley Valentine, answers need to go to the many, not just the relative few who can get to the SGM. Members pay a lot of money to belong to Napo and deserve better.
tabbycat

Postby Gubba Gubba » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Sorry for delay, been busy and don't check this forum that often.

Of course my fellow members can take it that I received no reply from Ian the Invisible Man. He obviously believes in keeping a very low profile indeed and that communication between union members and their General Secretary is strictly a 'one-way street'. Not that I've seen much traffic coming down the one-way street from his end of it, if you'll pardon the tortured analogy.

I'm thoroughly fed up with the lack of leadership and poor commuication in NAPO and don't see why we should bother to pay our subs anymore, we're not getting any value out of it and are generally being treated like mugs. Shame really as I've always believed in trades unionism and always been a member in every line of work I've been in. I'll just have to find a more effective, better run union and join them.
Gubba Gubba

Postby falkor » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:09 am

it seems that the only guaranteed method of getting a "reply" is by becoming a union rep!

I was "elected" to the position of Union Rep in UNISON for 12 months but didn't seek re-election after that

Nevertheless during those 12 months I gained the most monumental amount of information about current goings on, union and otherwise because I went to all the meetings which were guaranteed entertainment as far as I was concerned, EGO powered individuals performing to their "all" and giving us great joy!
Image visit me on PRISON OFFICER FORUMS :mrgreen:
falkor

Postby tabbycat » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:12 pm

"it seems that the only guaranteed method of getting a "reply" is by becoming a union rep!" (quote)

Take it from one who knows: it isn't! Being a Union Rep just gives you an awareness of even more questions. I was one for many years. Branch NEC Reps sometimes bring back occasional nuggets but it's in short supply. Sad to say, real news from within rarely comes down to the level of even Branch Officers.
tabbycat

Return to Napo