Health & Wellbeing 2nd query??

Discussion forum for general probation topics

Health & Wellbeing 2nd query??

Postby Zappa's gurl » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm interested in finding out what, if any, current provisions are used in different areas ( CRC nps n CAFCASS) for supporting staffs health and wellbeing?? Are there any initiatives currently running in your area? Are they good? Are they no good?
Is time allowed for interventions or all in your own time?.

The CRC I'm in within the northwest is talking about a health & Wellbeing project primarily with the aim of reducing the sickness record. It's at very early stage but am hoping to be involved in developing or at least contributing to discussion.

Currently in my workplace we have nothing. Occy health nurse was made redundant in CRC move. As was Health n safety manager. They are now sourced out if management need anything. Do have EAP employer assistance programme where telephone line 24/7 and can refer for counselling but only funded for 6 sessions per year. I can't find any current health n Wellbeing policy in our documents.

Whats it like in your area?

In addition a little reminder of a survey I posted end of last year. If you haven't filled it in you have til 30th April to do so. Thank you for your help.
Zappa's gurl

Re: Health & Wellbeing 2nd query??

Postby tabbycat » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:56 pm

It might be worth checking if your CRC has a Business Plan and, if so, what it says about staff welfare. Is there an Annual Survey of staff? If so, do the unions input into the Questionnaire? Who collates the results and who does the write-up interpreting and summarising? Is it done independently of Management? Who does the Action Plan and is it time-limited? Is all of this on the discussion agenda for SMT/unions interface meetings? What about Appraisals, their coverage and what comes out of them? Does your CRC have a staff counselling service? Do staff rate it? What support is there for staff off sick? Is your Sickness Absence policy procedure being used helpfully to staff, or as a big stick? What mechanisms are in place to manage supply and demand factors and workloads? Similarly, to manage bullying?
My very good wishes to my native north-west. I'm in exile.
tabbycat

Postby Zappa's gurl » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks tabbycat questions are good will look into these x
Zappa's gurl

Postby tabbycat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:18 pm

This note is addressed primarily to Zappa's gurl. I don't know if you are still a Napo member and looking-in on this Forum from time to time?

There are three new Staff Networks. One on them is known as DAWN (Disability, Advocacy Wellbeing Network). This appears to be in common with the theme of your posts. You may care to enquire further.

DAWN@noms.gsi.gov.uk

My very good wishes for your own health and wellbeing.

I reciprocate your x.
tabbycat

Return to Probation