Wellbeing of staff within probation

Discussion forum for general probation topics

Re: Wellbeing of staff within probation

Postby tabbycat » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Very good wishes to Zappa's gurl for your health and welfare now and in the future. Credit too for self-deprecating comments. We'll await further news from you sometime after 30th April in your good time: don't get stressed under pressure to deliver before you're ready.

Thanks too to Tolkny as reverse psychology and a pincer movement helped prompt Napo overseer contact with Zappa's gurl. As a JNC Rep for many years, strategy and tactics proved useful many times in creating useful movement elsewhere. A magician never reveals his tricks - so I'll say no more.
tabbycat

Postby tabbycat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:49 am

It's almost July. Hope that you, Zappa's gurl, are okay. How's progress on your collating and interpreting results? You were hoping to report in May. There's not a lot happening on this Forum nowadays. So, I think that most people turning to the Forum will be looking whether you've gone into print again. Even if you're not ready, maybe just write a note to say so? Readers will be sympathetic to your mental health problems and won't be so much putting you under pressure but, rather, have a concern as to your health and well-being. Let us know. You have our good wishes.
tabbycat

Postby tabbycat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:53 pm

I think that maybe it's time for an administrator or moderator to contact Zappa's gurl directly again? This post began by her on 3rd December and we're almost 8 months in with no contacts from her since 12th April. One way or another, this chain needs a conclusion sometime soon. I had my criticisms of the survey design and some of the assumptions and value judgements pertaining to it. But, I commended her for bothering and for caring about others and, noting her self-declared history of mental health, made sympathetic comment. Contributors to her survey, and readers of this chain, are left wondering if she is currently well and/or if she has taken on too much; maybe even needs to abandon what she started if she is unable to complete it. Please pass on to her our very good wishes and underline to her that nobody is putting any pressure on her. In fact, if she does want to abandon, then maybe she shouldn't even need to return to this chain to say so? A statement from you closing this chain could suffice. Maybe as well take the opportunity to offer a reward to anyone starting a new post on the Forum......

Thank you.
tabbycat

Postby Tolkny » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Yes
Andrew S Hatton
Tolkny

Postby tabbycat » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:13 pm

There are 247 members of this Forum. Please would somebody say something. I had hoped that Zappa's gurl or an administrator might conclude or add to this chain in some way. But, no, silence rains. Yet the number of views increases. So, is it just guests?
It's looking as if my own membership of Napo will end before 2016 is out. I'll post a note on this nearer the time. I'd like in the meanwhile to see how this present chain ends.
Is anybody there...? Hello? Hello? Just an echo, then?
tabbycat

Postby Tolkny » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:11 pm

I am still here but have pretty much given up on Napo as have most Full Members Judging by the turnout for the latest election.
Andrew S Hatton
Tolkny

Postby tabbycat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Yes, it's all very dispiriting. I wasn't eligible to vote. I suppose that you've seen the single and negative google review of Napo? No one so far has posted another to the contrary.
There also seems to be widespread feeling that Napo officers and officials aren't as able as they used to be. I'll keep my own judgement on that to myself but it's becoming increasingly inevitable that I'll be leaving Napo this year after a membership of something in the order of 35 years and being a Branch Officer for about 25.
tabbycat

Postby Tolkny » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 pm

I was also not eligible to vote.

I have not seen a specific review of Napo via Google apart from the comments on the On Probation Blog.

I feel that it has gone too far away from me now for me to take any constructive action be4yond trying to be positive about what traditional probation can achieve and to look for opportunities to correct any misunderstandings in the media.
Andrew S Hatton
Tolkny

Previous

Return to Probation